University Hotel Minneapolis
615 Washington Avenue S.E.
Minneapolis, Minnesota 55414
2407 University Ave SE, Minneapolis, MN 55414 (about 3/4 mile from conference hotel)
Phone: Call (612) 623-9303 and ask for the Creating Public Value Conference Block
Rooms are $119 plus tax per night
Holiday Inn Metrodome
1500 Washington Avenue South, Minneapolis, MN 55454
Phone: Call (877)-531-2703 (city-specialized reservations desk), 800-HOLIDAY (national reservations), or 1-612-333-4646 (Front Desk) and ask the reservation agent for a room in the “Creating Public Value Conference” block
Web: Reserve on-line by clicking here
Rooms are $115 plus tax per night
Transportation: Guests flying in are invited to take the Light Rail Train from MSP Airport to Metrodome Light Rail Station. They can then call from their cellphone to the Front Desk at 1-612-333-4646 from 7AM to 1045PM to request a shuttle pickup. If they do not have a cellphone handy, be sure to call from the Airport.
What does it mean to create public value in a multi-sector, shared-power, no-one-wholly-in charge world?
We live in a world where most major public challenges we face require contributions from governments, businesses, nonprofit organizations, communities and/or other sectors if the challenges are to be met successfully.
How do we get the good that these sectors have to offer, while minimizing or overcoming their characteristic weaknesses in such a way that public value is created and the common good is advanced?
The goals of the conference include:
- Deepened understanding of the foundation building blocks and societal sectors on which the creation of public value depends, along with their characteristic strengths and weaknesses in comparative perspective
- A multidisciplinary conceptual framework to better understand the cross-boundary achievement of public value
- Analytic tools for assessing key elements of achieving public value and integrative leadership
- Case studies illustrating integrative leadership models that create what the public values
- Dissemination of new insights via:
• Special journal issue of Public Administration Review
• Edited book manuscript
• Web-based dissemination for practitioners (e.g., webinars, blogs posts, instructional materials)